POSITION: Personal Injury Litigation Paralegal
- Director of Personal Injury Kristian Bie, Esq.
- Regular case updates
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Manage cases from the start to resolution.by gathering information about the case, drafting documents, scheduling appointments, and coordinating with other legal professionals involved in the case.
- Empathetically communicate with clients regularly and answer their questions and provide updates regarding their case.
- Conducting research and investigations including reviewing medical records, police reports, witness statements, and other evidence pertaining to a case.
- Drafting legal documents such as pleadings, motions, discovery requests, and settlement agreements.
- Prepare evidence, exhibits, and witness for trial.
- Manage calendars, scheduling appointments, and maintaining case files.
- Communicate with other legal professionals involved in the case, including attorneys, judges, court personnel, and expert witnesses.
- Prepare invoices and track billable hours for the work you perform on a case.
- Maintain case files, track deadlines, and ensure all necessary documents and information are obtained.
- Answer client questions and provide updates on the progress of their cases.
- Assist with investigations related to personal injury claims.
- Conduct research on relevant laws, regulations, and precedents related to personal injury cases.
- Draft legal documents such as complaints, motions, discovery requests, and settlement agreements.
- Assist with the discovery process, which involves gathering and organizing information and evidence relevant to the case.
- Assist attorneys in preparing for trial, including organizing exhibits, coordinating with expert witnesses, and preparing witness lists and deposition summaries.
- Assist with settlement negotiations by preparing settlement packages, calculating damages, and communicating with insurance companies or opposing counsel.
- Perform various administrative tasks, such as managing attorney calendars, scheduling meetings and depositions, and maintaining and organizing files and records.
- Provide general support to attorneys, which may include conducting legal research, drafting correspondence, attending client meetings, and assisting with other tasks as needed.
- Comprehension of personal injury law.
- Proficient in case management
- Research knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Time Management
- Case Management
- Associate degree, paralegal certificate, or equivalent work experience in legal field.
- $37,870 – $80,710 (Market)
- If interested, email your resume to [email protected]